Thursday, July 21, 2011

Home

Well I made it home, got to my house around 7:30pm with huge jet lag.

Flights were okay, but the final flight from Iceland to Boston was a bit tough -- was stuck between a mother and her son, who for some reason didn't want to sit together so they ended up talking and gesturing over me quite a bit for 6 hours. The flight was a bit bumpy, especially over Quebec and Northern Maine, but otherwise it was uneventful. Managed to get a good breakfast and lunch in Paris, since I was there for 5-6 hours, so no hunger pains this time in Iceland Air :-)

I did a quick unpack last night, just to make sure everything was okay with all the fragile stuff I shipped. Nancy is once again confirmed as The Best Packer in the Universe -- no breakage or spillage :-)

I realized as I unpacked that I never took pictures of the antiques I got in Provence, so here are photos of those.

The one bit of not so good news is that I left my night guard on the flight from Paris to Iceland. I'm going to try to get through to lost and found at Iceland Air, but I doubt they are able to find it. So slept without it last night and inevitably have headache and jaw pain this morning -- My dentist can see me this morning thankfully but it will be 2 weeks to get the replacement and it will cost me bigtime. So yeah, a bummer but not much I can do about it at this point. I guess the moral of this story is don't put anything valuable down on a flat surface when you're on a trans-Atlantic flight and are already exhausted -- because you will leave it there...

Today is definitely going to be a short day -- I imagine I will probably not make it much past lunchtime, but am planning to go into work to clean out emails. And for the air conditioning -- it's pretty swampy and warm here, which did in much of my garden although my geraniums survived. Today through Saturday are forecast to be in the mid to high 90s! So will need to get some replacement herbs and give them lots of TLC. Am planning to go to the Brookline Farmer's market today since I have a pretty empty fridge :-)

Oh and on the good front -- I only gained about 3-4 pounds, so not too bad :-)

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment