Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Bonjour from Paris

I only have about 20 minutes until boarding here in Paris, and finally had a chance to log in...The flight from Nantes was about 1 hour and uneventful. Jim and I were up at 4:30am (ugh) to make the 1 hour drive to Nantes -- my flight left at 7:15am. I had to pay extra for my second checked bag which I was aware of but if I had done it online yesterday I would have sdaved 30%! Filing that one away...

I had to pick up checked bags in Paris, then re-check for the trip to Iceland and Boston, but no additional charge thankfully. The Paris airport is mobbed -- much more enjoyable to be here off season! But I finally found my way and found a plug to charge laptop & ipod -- so I should have ample battery power through Boston, hopefully.

I greatly enjoyed my trip and am feeling a mix of sadness that my trip is over but also looking forward to being home -- ie the usual :-)

Many thanks to Nancy and Jim for their usual hospitality and sense of adventure -- and love of good food! I'm guessing I've probably gained a few pounds due to croissants and caramel and butter and unpasteurized cheese, etc. -- but it was worth it and I'll just need to exercise a bit extra over the next few weeks!

Okay signing off :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment